Tuesday 15 September 2015

Tag it!

Hi everyone!

    It is a 'Tag it' challenge over at Sandee and amelies steampunk challenge this month and I would like to share with you my contribution to it...


You might remember seeing a rust collage a while ago where I was experimenting with Andy Skinner's rust techniques. This tag is made up of some of those experimental pieces...I never throw anything anyway - so I knew they would get used sometime!

      The base of the tag is a cardboard tag set I bought. It had texture paste applied though a Gothic style stencil. When dry it was painted with Decoart Media Paynes Grey acrylic paint mixed with white acrylic paint. 


 This was then coated with a wash of Paynes Grey and then a final coat of Quinacridone Gold. I then covered it with Ultra-Matte varnish. I also used a piece of rust effect rivet embossed card that I had done...I cut this out into a heart shape and added it to the tag

      I used die cut card down the sides of the tag painted with Decoart Media Silver paint. This was then coated with Decoart Media Carbon Black Antiquing cream and wiped away leaving a tarnished effect


 I did the same with an embossed flower die cut. This had a bronze decoration attached to the center of the flower


Several hot air balloon images were cut out from paper. This was to highlight the adventure quote which was done with a mix of chit chat stickers and label letters. I also used some map printed paper as a background...



 Bronze decorations in the form of filigree decoration, leaf and cog were added and the tag was finished off with brown hemp string



And there is my finished 'Steampunk Adventure' tag......


Even if Steampunk isn't your usual style why not give it a go?
 You might just have a lot of fun doing it!
Come and join us at Sandee and amelies Steampunk Challenge....

Happy Crafting!
Laura
 
xxxxxxx


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Love this design and your use of some scrapped projects. It looks so rusty and deliscious! Awesome sauce texture and fantabulous layers. That die cut down the sides is stunning! Wowzers! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag certainly is a steampunky adventure, Laws!! LOVE it!! My fingers want to reach in and touch it! :) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Laura! I do love the silver with the rusting- gorgeous color combo! ")
    Jackie xx
    http://www.creatingwithoutcrayons-jackiepneal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW what a fantastic creations you made :-)) I like all details!
    Have a nice weekend, Hugs Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag! I love all the rust you are doing lately, it is awesome! Your tag is a beauty with the heart, and all of the hot air balloons...definitely ready for an adventure!

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!