Sunday 19 April 2015

Lovers

Hi everyone!

Over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges the subject is...

'Lovers' 

  
I chose to make a Victorian style frame. I had some mount board and covered it with a texture paste through a memory box stencil. This was then painted with Americana Decoart Chalky Finish paint in Primitive.


Crackle glaze was applied and when this was dry Carbon Black Antiquing Cream was brushed over the frame before being wiped away


The picture was made by dabbing Frayed Burlap, Weathered Wood and Picket Fence Distress Paints onto the craft mat and then spritzing with water. The card was then swirled into the paint.


When dry I began to stamp some images - I chose a Flonz craft stamp from this set. I stamped it in Potting Soil Archival ink. I then began to add some text and crackle stamps around the edge of the picture to add texture.



I used a Tim Holtz bookplate and added a piece of card left over from making the main picture. I stamped the word LOVE onto it and added some swirls from  a flourish stamp


I added some lace, a rose and some die cut foliage that had been covered with Peeled Paint Distress Stain.


And here is the finished frame -



I do hope you like it!


I would love it if you came over to see what the rest of the team have made to inspire you at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!


Remember we are a stamping challenge so please feature a stamped focal image on your creation.
  
You could be the winner of $20 to spend at Flonzcraft Stamps! And of course you could be picked as one of our Catwalk Spotlights!
Hope to see you there!


Happy Crafting!
Love from Laura xxx



Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. STUNNING Laura, a fabulous color palette and a gorgeous stamp. Loving all the dimension and crackle it really ages your vintage design :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura. OMG the frame for this is amazing...everything fits together so beautifully for this make. Loooove it!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful and oozes elegance and sophistication. Love it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful frame for that lovely stamped image, Laura!

    And I really admire how you always manage to add just that perfect amount of embellishments! A delicate creation!

    Hugs and wishes,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!