Tuesday 4 March 2014

A very Happy Birthday!

Hi everyone!

   Over at Try it on Tuesday we are creating items about -

Birthdays - but with a twist!

You have to use a mask or stencil 


I made this birthday card by applying Gesso all over the card then applying some torn Melange tissue strips with Matte Multi-medium.  



Then I applied some texture paste through a harlequin stencil in opposite corners of the card.



When dry I dabbed some ink over the card - I chose Peeled Paint and Peacock Feathers DI. Then I dabbed around the edges in Walnut Stain DI to soften the effect slightly.

 The Dot Fade stencil was used with the Mowed Lawn DI.


Fern Green Archival ink was used with my favourite script stamp around the edge of the card.


 I used some die cut letters and inked them with Peacock Feathers DI and stuck them onto ivory card. 


 Then a flourish stamp was stamped around the edge using Fern Green Archival ink. 


 I blended some Walnut Stain DI on this to give a shabby effect. I mounted this onto a piece of card that was covered with Peeled Paint DI and had a bit of Cosmic Shimmer Patina spritzed over it.

    I blended some Peacock Feathers ink over two ivory roses and spritzed with water to blend the colour. These were attached to the card along with a leaf die cut that had been coloured with Peeled Paint DI





   Why not hop over to see what the rest of the TioT team have made to celebrate birthdays! Come and share your birthday creations with us - we would love to see them!




 photo temp3_zpsf37f8b2d.png
Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty design and I love how you have blended and added inks to achieve interesting layers.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable, Laura!
    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely birthday card, great description of the process, hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your project for this theme, another beautiful tag'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful birthday card Laura, the textures look great.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing, love the colors scheme and the texture.

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!