Tuesday 7 January 2014

New bits and pieces

Hi everyone!

 Over at Try it on Tuesday the challenge for the New Year is very appropriate!

 'Use a new item or a new technique' 

    This Christmas I didn't get much craft stuff...I told my husband that he really didn't have to buy me any craft stuff this Christmas - cue him falling off the chair! I think for a moment he thought I had lost my mind!!!
I hadn't! - I requested some spending money for the next 'Stamperama' instead ;o)

     But not to worry about no goodies wrapped up at Christmas - My Christmas wasn't totally craft-free! My sister-in-law Alison (butterfly) treated me to some Cosmic Shimmer sprays and some colour sprays that she mixed for me from pigment powders. Also I was thrilled to get a voucher for Artistic Outpost Stamps from Alison and also a shopping spree at Crafty Obsessions from my Mother-in-law! I am eagerly awaiting delivery of the goodies! YAY!!!!

     So onto making a tag with new items - I decided to use one of my new Cosmic Shimmer sprays in 'Patina'. I also opened up a packet of Waxed Kraft paper - a new item which I had never used before and I was desperate to try it out.



     I started with a tag and used the Harlequin stencil and dabbed some Bundled Sage DP over it. Once dry I blended Broken China and Peeled Paint DI over the tag.








Spritz and flick with water - Love that effect!


Around the edge of the tag I used some hedgerow stamps using Evergreen Bough DP, Picket Fence DP and Potting Soil Archival ink. I was so sure after the first stamp with the Evergreen Bough that I had ruined this - "Too Bright"!!!! but I decided to continue making the tag and in the end I actually liked it....


I stamped some of my favourite script stamp with Potting Soil Archival ink


I used a damask stencil and dabbed some Peeled Paint DI through it.


Vintage Photo DI was dabbed around the edge of the tag

 

The Cosmic Shimmer spray was used all over the tag


   Flowers were cut out of the waxed Kraft paper which was then spritzed with the shimmer spray and attached to the tag with brads.


I used a Tim Holtz quote in Potting Soil ink and lightly covered with copper embossing powder. Broken China DI was blended over the quote and Vintage Photo was dabbed around the edges.

 

A twine bow finished off the tag 




 Please take some time to visit Try it on Tuesday and see what the rest of the team have made to inspire you - Join in and have some fun!



 photo temp3_zpsf37f8b2d.png
Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. You are a lucky girl, having Alison as your sis-in law! didn't know about this :)
    you have made this awesome tag, especially love that Kraftpaper flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is just beautiful! I love all the delicate flowers around the edge, such lovely colours too! Great getting vouchers isn't it - I have three still to spend! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly lovely tag. I love the effects you achieve with spritzing and flicking. I can look at those backgrounds for ages. I love how delicate and subtle this tag is and the sentiment is perfect. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag Laura, the waxed paper flower looks great.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I especially love the waxed paper flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Laura, with lots to look at and admire. TFS and best wishes for a Happy and creative New Year

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful tag, the flowers look fantastic, also love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO Pretty! LOVE the colors you used. nise

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful tag, Happy New Year, hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!